Mark It On Your Calendar: August Blog Topic Ideas for Attorneys
Has your legal blog taken a summer vacation? Don't let it stagnate for too long! Relevant and regularly updated content will help your website's SEO (search engine optimization) performance, boosting your site position in search engine rankings.
If you're in need of blogging inspiration, look no further than the calendar. Holidays, anniversaries and seasonal activities can provide content fodder for all types of attorneys, regardless of your practice area.
For example, August 21 is National Senior Citizen Day, created in 1988 through a proclamation by then-President Ronald Reagan, and designated as a day to honor elderly Americans. Let's look at just some of the ways that lawyers could use the celebration to provide timely, topical blogging content:
- Estate planning attorneys can use the day to emphasize the importance of last wills and testaments, advance directives, trusts and other estate planning tools.
- Personal injury lawyers and criminal law attorneys can discuss how to recognize the signs of elder abuse and nursing home abuse.
- Family law attorneys could focus on younger family members who are caring for elderly relatives, and talk about the importance of the power of attorney and healthcare power of attorney documents.
- Tax lawyers can provide updates on federal and state estate and inheritance taxes, as well as tax-free gifts.
Looking for more blogging ideas? Here are some other events to get you inspired:
- August is Black Business Month, National Immunization Awareness Month and the start of the back-to-school season
- August 18: The anniversary of the ratification of the 19th Amendment giving women the right to vote (Aug. 18, 1920)
- August 21: The anniversary of the founding of the American Bar Association (Aug. 21, 1878)
- August 21-October 15: The anniversary of the Lincoln-Douglas Debates (1858)
- August 26: Women's Equality Day
- August 26-30: National Safe at Home Week
- August 28: The 50th anniversary of the March on Washington where Dr. Martin Luther King made his "I have a dream" speech
- August 31: Love Litigating Lawyers Day
- September: Baby Safety Month, College Savings Month, Mold Awareness Month, National Preparedness Month, Healthy Aging Month
- September 2: Labor Day
Need help taking your law firm's blogging and social media marketing program to the next level? To request a free Social Media Evaluation, contact a LexisNexis Law Firm Marketing Specialist or call 866-799-3717.
Also check out these previous posts:
Leave a Comment