Search Engine Rankings and Conversions
Due to the competitive nature of the legal industry, I often get asked by firms what is the best way to maximize the return on investment for their online marketing efforts. Is getting page one rankings on the search engines going to be enough to yield a consistent return? My answer: Now that you're on page one, what is going to make a potential client want to call you at that point? What seperates you from the other firms that are also getting good rankings? Remember, the goal here is to CONVERT!
Don't get me wrong, rankings are very important. If your site doesn't rank well, it will not get the traffic necessary to yield a return. However, rankings are only a piece of the puzzle. Rankings help drive the traffic. It's your website that will provide the conversion. Keep in mind that if you are on page one, you still are competing against 10-20 other firms! Therefore, your site needs to be designed in a way to convert prospective clients.
Here are some things to consider when evaluating your website's ability to convert:
- Does the home page of your site clearly communicate that your firm can provide a solution to a potential problem a prospect is having?
- Do you have an easy way for them to contact you?
- Is your phone number large and prevalent on every page of your site?
- Do you have a "Contact Us" email box on every page and is it placed in a position to be noticed?
- Have you communicated a track record of success via client testimonials?
- Is you website engaging enough to make a prospective client want to stay on the site for an extended period of time?
- Do you have a blog?
- Do you have videos on your site?
I will be writing future blogs detailing conversion ideas. I'm interested in hearing other "Best Practices" and would love to hear from you.
Also check out these previous posts:
Leave a Comment