International Practice Center on Lexis Transactional Advisor
Count on a single online practice center designed specifically for international practice. This unique center uses a task-based approach to help attorneys anticipate issues due to changing regulations, prepare due diligence, analyze policies and provisions, get the latest news and authoritative information, comply with international laws, and negotiate and complete international transactions.
Gain a comprehensive view of the global marketplace and meet a wide variety of legal client needs by keeping international law resources at your fingertips.
Discover tools and resources specifically for international practice, including commentary on emerging and ongoing issues, exclusive analytical materials, Matthew Bender®
Doing Business guides, international treaties and more.
- Gain access to an unparalleled online collection of international legal materials
More than 550 separate international, foreign and domestic law sources are available on lexis.com® alone.
- Consult superior international news and business content
LexisNexis® provides over 7,000 international news and business sources, plus hundreds of Factiva® sources.
- Ensure compliance with various U.S. and international regulations
Find details pertaining to regulations on protecting and maintaining the privacy of information, environmental and safety issues, the transport of illegal goods such as wildlife, and more. Rely on a full complement of sources—primary law, analytical materials, model and example forms and agreements, treaties, and international multi-jurisdictional surveys with analysis.
- Consult exclusive international sources and search global law
Search the LexisNexis China Law database and The European Company Across Europe from Lex Mundi, Ltd. Access the LexisNexis global legal research platform to find additional primary law analysis and forms for U.S. practitioners.
Whether you are negotiating a deal between multinational companies or serving international interests in pursuit of free trade, you’ll find an unmatched array of global law resources at the International Practice Center on Lexis® Transactional Advisor.
- Track emerging issues and review expert analysis—Stay on top of topics such as global climate change, international arbitration, business regulation and international tax, plus news and commentary from leading international news publications.
- Evaluate the business climate of a country—Analyze country profiles, EIU Country Commerce and Country Reports on Human Rights, and in-depth analysis on the rules and procedures for transacting business in multiple countries.
- Search international and foreign laws, U.S. trade law and authoritative treatises—Access industry-leading Matthew Bender® titles like Collier International Business Insolvency Guide, the Doing Business ... series (Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Spain, UK and U.S.), Country Reports on Human Rights Practices and Rhoades & Langer U.S. International Taxation & Tax Treaties.
- Investigate clients and conduct due diligence—Find background information on parties involved in your client’s international deal, as well as facts from the Office of Foreign Asset Controls Denied Parties List, LexisNexis® Comprehensive Person and Business Reports (formerly SmartLinx®), negative news, D&B® Private Company Reports, LexisNexis® Dossier and International Company Reports.
- Check U.S. and international laws for compliance—Access the full text of major international treaties such as the U.N. Convention for the International Sale of Goods, plus Worldwide Tax Treaties, U.S. Treaties in Force, and ASIL Treaties & Agreements for specific country information.
- Find and evaluate local counsel—Find local counsel in Martindale-Hubbell® International Law Directory, and check for conflicts using Directory of Corporate Affiliations™.
- Create and draft documents—Use sample forms and checklists to cover the bases as you draft exporting agreements, agency and distribution agreements and more.
- Resolve disputes through international arbitration—Consult arbitration rules by institution, evaluate recent arbitration decisions in Mealey’s™ International Arbitration Report and review major arbitration treaties, including the Inter-American Convention on International Commercial Arbitration.