Ideas and suggestions are always welcome. Please let us know how we can improve your newsletter! We welcome your feedback.
LexisNexis® for Corporate Counsel
LexisNexis® Webinar Center
LexisNexis® Legal Newsroom
Live CLE Webinars | OnDemand Webinars
Recording Date: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 | Duration: 95 minutes | VIEW NOW |
Wage and hour litigation based on alleged violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and state labor laws continues to grow exponentially. In fact, wage and hour claims are the leading segment of workplace litigation, jumping 423% over the last two decades and quadrupling during the last 10 years. More than 7,000 lawsuits are filed under the Fair Labor Standards Act each year, many of them as class or collective actions that often come with the risk of multiple damages. In addition, the U.S. Department of Labor has stepped up its enforcement activities. Because wage and hour claims continue to pose one of the greatest risks for employers, we invite you to join our panel of experts for a webinar during which they discussed:
• The impact of recent court decisions interpreting the Fair Labor Standards Act
• Litigation regarding the use of independent contractors rather than employees
• Legal risks associated with the use of unpaid interns
• Certifying wage and hour class actions after Dukes and Comcast
• Responding to a governmental audit of your compliance with the FLSA
• Robert Fisher, Partner, Deputy Chair, Labor and Employment Law, Foley Hoag
• Sharon Apple, Associate General Counsel, Nestle Nutrition, N.A.
• Theodore Easton, Chief of Enforcement, New Jersey Division of Wage and Hour Compliance
*CLE credit will not be given for viewing this OnDemand Webinar recording.