Technology has been described as “the campfire around which we tell our stories” and that is especially true in the legal profession. As technology has allowed greater amounts of information to be retained, legal documents are becoming longer and longer and can no longer be ignored. Becoming technologically savvy and staying abreast of advancements is at the very core of the competency of the legal profession. In this course, we will explore the latest technological advancements, strategies for efficiently researching and more.
During our session we will cover:
• Making effective use of search history
• Using the topic summary reports, legal issue trail and source selection for more efficient research
• Determining search construction, including pre and post filtering, natural and Boolean language, and searching within a result set
• Maintaining awareness of major cases and developments through the use of alerts
• Researching in a mobile environment