In this course, you will examine the characteristics of the legal profession that make attorneys so much more susceptible to substance abuse as well as review the wildly disproportionate disciplinary records.
During our session we will cover:
• Substance Abuse Prevalence in Legal Profession
• Consequences of Substance Abuse in the Legal Profession
• A Personal Story of Addiction
• Signs of Substance Abuse and Strategies Uses to Hide Addiction Problems in the Legal Profession
• Answering the Call for Help
• Successful Treatment Programs
• Changing the Culture from Within the Legal Profession
• The Model Rules of Professional Conduct
See CLE State Accreditation for credit details.
If you are licensed in New York, this content is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced New York attorneys. Although, this content is appropriate for all New York attorneys, newly admitted attorneys cannot earn CLE credit for the completion of the course when presented via webinar or webcast.
THIS CLASS IS NOT APPROVED IN NEW YORK DUE TO PRESENTER QUALIFICATIONS.