Twenty three states and the District of Columbia have legalized marijuana in some form and a few more have decriminalized it. Four of these states and DC have legalized marijuana for recreational use as well as medical use. However, marijuana remains illegal under federal law and employers, regardless of whether or not marijuana is legal, likely will not want their employees using it at work.
During this program we will provide an overview of current marijuana laws, trends in the medical industry, and insight into how changing times will likely impact our current, drug-free workplaces.
• Understanding the history of marijuana use
• Understanding the current legal framework surrounding marijuana and its potential volatility
• Examining the judicial trends of wrongful termination claims related to legalized marijuana usage
• Understanding current medical research and what may lie ahead
• Exploring the Complications of Determining Impairment
• Developing best practices for employers in this ever changing environment
See CLE State Accreditation for credit details.
If you are licensed in New York, this content is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced New York attorneys. Although, this content is appropriate for all New York attorneys, newly admitted attorneys cannot earn CLE credit for the completion of the course when presented via webinar or webcast.