LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

A/P

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1
Dera Pease Posted: Mon, Sep 11 2006 5:23 PM

We are attempting to stop using our obsolete accounting program and start using the BM Plus 7.0 program.  In the operating account, I have entered the GL balances for accounts, entered the bank reconciliation beginning balance, entered checks written since last bank statement and not cleared in last bank statement.  However, when I entered the checks I went through accounting-accounts payable.  This did not allow me to enter check numbers. How do I now list check numbers (to ease in reconciling) and change the "unpaid" status to "paid" (which they are)?  After I do this, I think I run a payable distribution report, then reconcile and hopefully will then be ready to move forward with using this system for accounting. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Dera Pease

Legal Secretary

Auburn, IN

TM/PM Plus 7.0 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 467
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC

Hi Dera; There are different views on how to enter beginning balances, so I suggest you take the approach that 'clicks' with you; the one that makes you say, 'aha, I see!' If I'm understanding you, you have paid payables that you need to record because the checks for those paid payables have not yet cleared the bank. Is that right? If so, you can enter the payables using a made up account, 'clearing'. Then 'pay' those payables, which will offset the 'clearing' account, credit cash, and write the line item to the check register. Remember to take those uncleared check entries into account when you enter your beginning balances.

Kathy Burger PREMIER LEVEL CIC - PCLaw, Time and Billing Matters Plus Certified Kathy Burger Consulting, LLC 200 Windward Ave. Beachwood, NJ 08722 732-279-6301 Kathy@KathyBurgerConsulting.com

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS