CIC Solutions Forums
Certified Independent Consultant Solutions Forums for
LexisNexis® Practice Management Products
Time Matters - PCLaw - Billing Matters - Browser Edition - HotDocs

Need List: Gotta convert old WordPerfect templates to use Field Names, not Field Numbers

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 9
Jeffrey R. Mazor Posted: Sat, Oct 10 2009 8:48 PM
We have a lot off legacy WordPerfect merge templates which had to "Insert Field" using Field Numbers, not Field Names.  For a number of reasons, I need to change those templates so they refer to the Field Name and not the old Field Number.

I doubt this can be done automatically, but I'd be content to just find the old list or better, an easy way to list the current Field Numbers and Field Names and then make the changes manually.

Does anyone know how I can get that information and/or if there is a way to do it programatically.

Thank you,

Jeff

Jeffrey R. Mazor, Esq. J. R. Mazor & Associates, P.A. 4000 Hollywood Boulevard, Suite 265 South Hollywood, FL 33021 Phone: 954-962-3500 eMail: JMazor@Mazor.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 589
.CIC
BM CIC
BMP CIC
TM CIC
Jeff, have you got any old Time Matters Manuals laying around? You will find and Appendix of Field Numbers and Names in Version 5 or earlier. Also you may have the Appendix digitally in the online PDF User Manual if you neglected to uninstall the old software. Dig around in any TMW5 folders. As for automating you could consider copying and pasting all of your templates into one Word Perfect Document and using Find Replace to make the changes and then copy and paste each individual document back in to the respective template. For any customization you have made you will have to use the Core Name to identify the field. If you get stuck on the Appendix you can email me separately and I will look around and see if I can find come up with the Codes tables. Good Luck

Richard B. Marx MME Consulting Services, LLC Lexis Nexis Time Matters Certified Independent Consultant (CIC) Moderator Phoenix, AZ 602-667-5706 info@mmeonline.net http://www.mmeonline.net/

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS