11. Toyota Motor Sales: Internet Shoppers Rarely Confused by Trademark Use in Domain Names
In a lively opinion displaying unusual judicial sophistication regarding the Internet, the Ninth Circuit rules that domain names buy-a-lexus.com and buyorleaselexus.com are non-infringing uses of the LEXUS mark. Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. v. Tabari, 2010 . . . .
12. Architectural Plans - Who Owns the Right to the Copyright in Architectural Plans - The Homeowner or the Architect?
Ownership of architectural plans belongs to the creator of those plans, not to the person whose house is being built from those plans, in the absence of an agreement to the contrary.
13. "Disturbia" Decision: Not Just a Remake of "Rear Window" Case
It looks as though Steven Spielberg has succeeded where Alfred Hitchcock and Jimmy Stewart failed. In 1990, the United States Supreme Court held that the classic 1954 film Rear Window infringed the copyright of Sheldon . . . .
14. Crackdown on Counterfeit Couture
Fashion design is finally getting the protection it deserves. In April, the European Union renewed a selective distribution regulation, set to expire in May, which will allow makers of brand name goods to decide how . . . .
15. Tenth Circuit victory for copyright owners - Golan v. Holder, Case: 09-1234 - FREE DOWNLOAD
A major victory for copyright owners was rendered today by the Tenth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals in Golan v. Holder, in which Reed Elsevier participated in a friend-of-court brief supporting the US Government.